Larry A. Ginsberg
Legal Specialization: Certified Specialist, Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Ginsberg is a co-founder of Harris • Ginsberg LLP. He specializes in the representation of high net worth individuals in high conflict situations, while also being “mediation friendly.”
Mr. Ginsberg has been selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer for years 2004-2012, and a Top 50 Super Lawyer for 2011 and 2012, through peer nomination and an independent research and review process. Further, Mr. Ginsberg was selected by Best Lawyers in America for years 2008 through 2012. Mr. Ginsberg is active in state and local bar family law activities, including as a member of the Executive Committee of the State Bar Family Law Section where he chaired the Continuing Legal Education Committee. He is a past President of the Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law, a non-profit provider of family law legal services to low income individuals. He was Co-Chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association/USC Family Law-Legal Ethics Institute Steering Committee and is a frequent panelist and lecturer for many state, national and international legal organizations. Mr. Ginsberg is also the author of several articles and a contributing editor to several Family Law publications.
- Family Law
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Adoption Law
- Child Custody
- Visitation Rights
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Domestic Partnerships
- Divorce Mediation
- Marital Property Distribution
- Post Divorce Modification
- Spousal Support
- Marital Property Law
- Premarital Agreements
University of Wisconsin, B.A., Social Work, 1982
Pepperdine University, J.D., 1986
- 1986, California
- 1987, U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Beverly Hills (Member, Family Law Executive Committee, 1993-2000), Los Angeles County (Member, Family Law Executive Committee) and American (Member, Sections on: Family Law; Adoption) Bar Associations
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law Section; Family Law Executive Committee; Advisory Chair, Continuing Legal Education, 2002-2004)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Fellow)
- President, 1997-1998, 2002-2004 and Board of Directors, 1993-2007.
- Harriett Buhai Center For Family Law;
- Contributing Editor, “Prenups for Lovers,” Arlene G. Dubin, Random House, pub. 2001;
- Member, 1994-2002, Chair, 1998 and Co-Chair, 2002, Los Angeles County Bar Association/University of Southern California Family Law/Ethics Institute Steering Committee;
- Member, Visitation Monitor Committee, Los Angeles County Superior Court, 1996-1997.
- County of Los Angeles Commendation for Public Service to Low Income Persons, 1998-2005.
- Judge Pro Tem, Los Angeles Superior Court, Family Law, and Small Claims Court, 2004-2008.
- Listed: Southern California Super Lawyers 2004-2011; Top 100 Lawyers, 2010-2011; Southern California’s Best Lawyers, 2008-2011; 2010 Best Lawyers of America. (Certified Specialist, Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization)